Monday, November 10, 2008

My Greatest Beach Find!!



Mike and I decided to do a quick trip to the beach to see what we could find. I went to the right and Mike went to the left. I started finding a lot of big pieces of metal junk and was starting to get frustrated. All of a sudden my detector started screaming in my ear... an excellent sound but when I looked at the ID screen it read 93 and said fifty cent... but a lot of the big metal items I have been digging had been reading 93 or 95. I still dug and on the first scoop nothing, still in the ground, on the second scoop out popped a round object. I picked it up out of my scoop and saw that it was a coin. Oh my God, my first Barber half, what a beautiful silver coin! The coin was in excellent shape and the date said 1906(0). I was so excited and started jumping around!! I yelled down the beach to Mike and I thought that he did not hear me, so I yelled louder! ( I found out later that he was ignoring me!) He didn't answer so I called him on the cell phone... he ignored it, did not even pull the phone out of his pocket... At this point I knew he knew that I had found something good and he was ignoring me... So with the blood pumping in my veins I took off up the beach.... Of course he was as excited as I and he asked if I had detected around the spot and as I looked at him blankly it dawned on me what he was asking. He wanted to find one too.. I showed him where I found it and he started detecting. The only problem is he is very slow because of his back and I was going on adrenalin! I must have made circles around him 10 times before he finally stood up and made me look at my footprints in the sand, and asked me where I would like him to detect? The tracks looked like a drawing of the tracks from the cartoon "Family Circus". They were everywhere! I would say that we definitely covered every part of that beach (or at least I did)... I was so excited....


1 comment: